Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why do people bite their fingernails? Is it a habit or for the crunchiness?

i was biting my fingernails and starting wondering why do people actually bite them. Is it for the cruchiness of their fingernails Or is it a habit? for me, i suppose i was kinda hungry...Why do people bite their fingernails? Is it a habit or for the crunchiness?
This has most of the time been noted as a nervous habit or anxiety release. Try not to though b/c most people who do this end up having pin worms at some point and time. The bacteria that gets under the nails is prime breeding ground for the live bacteria and once ingested, can by pass the digestive juices and form worms in the intestines, know as pin worms.


Good luck on breaking the habit.Why do people bite their fingernails? Is it a habit or for the crunchiness?
I bite my fingernails at times but it's because I get nervous....
Nerves, worry, feeling the pressure of a critical parent, habit.
Sort of a strange question! I guess I haven't really thought about it.


When I was a little kid I bit my fingernails, and I thought it was because I was always nervous and upset. I had an abusive mom and an alcoholic dad...it wasn't a fun time in my life.


Now I catch myself chewing a nail if I'm stressed and deep in thought, working on some project. I know it's not because of hunger!
I think its a habit but sometime people bite their fngernails because they are in a stress situation.





Have you ever seen F1. Jean Todt of Ferrari has his fingernails taped so that he doesn't bite it.
eww i used to bite but spit..never swallow my body parts
i think a habit.
Its a habit. Normally we do this when nervous or exited. Keep your nails clean and trimmed if you have this habit to avoid any infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment