Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why girls are more anxious to let their fingernails to grow whereas boys are against the practice?

It comes from times when we had more Victorian standards about how girls and boys should behave. The men went to work, in the factory or out on the farm. Long fingernails just got in the way, and if they weren't cut off would eventually rip off on their own. By contrast, women were encouraged to stay inside, doing jobs like cooking and cleaning where they were more likely to be able to grow long nails. The richest women had servants to do all this for them, and were able to grow long nails because they didn't do anything at all. This became stylish, since the longer your nails were, the more money people assumed you had.Why girls are more anxious to let their fingernails to grow whereas boys are against the practice?
I have NOOOO idea!!! Man, that's a good question. I think it's a cultural thing. Probably got passed down from ages passed.Why girls are more anxious to let their fingernails to grow whereas boys are against the practice?
Not all men are against the practice. There are many out there that I have seen with longer fingernails than the average woman's nails. It depends on the preference.
More than 1/2 the boys i know have long nails. I on the other hand keep mine short...LoL!! I really think it depends on the person
Because they are at the sharp end.
Because girls will decorate their nails and all that stuff. Guys won't do that usually, unless you're Lance Bass.
Long fingernails are considered feminine and grown up. Think about it.
Because society sees it as a sign of femininity...
longer fingernails make your fingers look longer, leaner, and over all more feminine..I wouldn't want my bf to have feminine hands and i doubt you want your bf's hands to look like yours :D
I am not! I hate long fingernails! Besides I have small hands, it looks weird. But I still keep them long enough to..
cuzx girls like to paint their nails, longer nails= pretty manicure. and guys don't//
not true





males in the ghetto do let their finger nails grow





I grow my thumbs and pinky's but cut the rest
We boys don't like to scratch.
society dictates it, although I have seen a couple of men with long nails.


ok on one it was just a pinky and he used it to sniff white stuff up his nose...
uhh.. so we can get manicures and boys just really don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment