Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to stop biting fingernails?

So I'm 20 and I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.


It's really a nervous habit if I'm stressed or worried about something, or really even just bored.


I don't even realize I'm doing it, but I hate it.


I want to stop.





Any success stories?How to stop biting fingernails?
Try:





- Chewing gum, so you don't start biting your nails (this will keep your mouth busy)





- There is nail polish out there that tastes bad, and it worked for me!





- Try keeping small, crunchy snacks (healthy!) with you, so if you're tempted, chew on them instead of your nails.





- Keep an elastic band around your wrist, and try playing with that instead of biting your nails.





- Finally, once you stop, treat yourself to a manicure. I know this may not seem ';manly';, but I hate gender stereotypes. Anyone can get a manicure, and your hands will feel great!How to stop biting fingernails?
Go to your local store that sells fingernail polish and look for ';Bitter Nail Polish';. I have never bitten my nails but My brother would chew his down until the bled. He got some of this clear bitter polish and it cured him. It tastes really really bad and when ever you put your finger in your mouth you get a negative response. Classic conditioning technique
u have lack of concentration. when ever u are stressed


1 stand up for a while ,


2 and sit again


3 drink some water slowly.


4 watch the time


5 wash ur face


6 stare at ur face in front of mirror





just relax. while doing these steps u ll spend atleast 10 minutes . its enough to forget nail biting.
I'm 13 and I always would bite my fingernails until about age 11. But by then I had gotten braces, and it felt awkward biting my nails... For you, I suggest heavy gum chewing to stop, a month or two and you'll be fingernail sober!
my dad had the same problem one day when my dad was a sleep my grandma put hot sauce on his fingernails when he bit them it surprised him and sense then every time he goes to bite them he is reminded of the hot sauce and does not do it
Im a teenager and I used to bite my nails all the time.





What you have to do is every time you find yourself biting, pinch or tweek yourself and soon you will stop Believe me
I used to bite my nails all the time, you just have to force yourself to go cold turkey. I got a manicure and my nails looked so nice I didn't want to bite anymore
Listen im also a frequent nail biter .





Ive tryed everything .





And let me tell you , when your nails grow back , they look even worse and more deformed .





Just keep them low





CARRY ON BITING!!
There is bitter tasting polish for this problem.





Also Marshmallow is correct, that system does work for many people.
Eat food not fingernails
put a clear coat of nail polish its very nasty im 17 and that got me to quit
Take some Dog Pu and wipe all over finger nails. I guarantee you wont put them in your mouth again

No comments:

Post a Comment