Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moms- how much attention do you pay to your kids fingernails? How often do you cut them? Do you use clippers?

I cut my 4-year-old's fingernails and toenails with clippers when I realize that they are getting too long. I only cut them after his bath because he always has gross dirt and stuff under them otherwise. I let him watch America's Funniest Home Videos as a special treat when I cut his nails. When he was a baby I cut his nails with scissors while he was nursing. My 14 month old daughter will not let me cut her nails no matter what. I can not distract her with anything enough to let me do it. They few times I tried, she was so squirmmy that I ended up cutting her and I felt terrible. Now I just let her nails go, and they seem to be doing fine. They just break off when they get too long, and we've had no problems.Moms- how much attention do you pay to your kids fingernails? How often do you cut them? Do you use clippers?
Dirty nails are a pet peeve of mine. I check the kids a few times a week. It drives me nuts to see a little kids with dirty finger/toe nails. Ick.Moms- how much attention do you pay to your kids fingernails? How often do you cut them? Do you use clippers?
Hey there Betty F, I check my kids' nails about once a week and cut them with clippers. By the way, I noticed you have only asked questions about fingernails. What's up with that? You think about nails a lot? Are you a manicurist or something?
I think using a fingernail file is easier plus the child doesn't see these ';instrument looking things'; coming at him. He would be afraid the clippers would hurt. I check them often for hangnails and rough edges and use a file, one of those cheap ones, not the metal ones.
I pay allot of attention to them. I can tell allot by the growth of them on my little one. I keep them clean and clip them with clippers (they were so small I had to use manicuring scissors)and then we file them to get rid of the ruff edges. My little one do not grow very fast at times. So sometimes once a week or two times a week.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment