Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to Do About Flaky Fingernails?

I just got my nails taken off and my natural nails are rough and are flaking. Is there anything I can do or do they just need to grow out?What to Do About Flaky Fingernails?
Let them grow out some. Meantime rub vasaline aka petroleum jelly over them. Every time you wash your hands, reapply and run your fingers over them as you would do in a massage. Do not use nail polish or anything on your nails until your nails are back to normal. I would also mention this to the M.D. as there may be other issues that may be causing the flaking of your nails. My doctor always checks my nails because I'm asthmatic and just by the color he can see If I'm getting enough oxygen. There are other reasons why doctors check nails which I don't really know of. I hope this was of some help. peace!What to Do About Flaky Fingernails?
I had mine taken off a while ago too. Some recommended me to do some warm milk soaks and I picked up this Sally Hanson treatment made for when you get acrylics taken off. It's this 2 phase thing, you do the first for a couple of weeks and then the second for a couple more. It was really helping til I got lazy and stopped doing it. It only takes a couple of minutes, you ';paint'; the stuff on give it a minute and then rub this oil in that's supposed to help them grow. It's nice also because it makes your nails look better so you're not trying to cover them up with anything. You'll also want to keep them short, like VERY short, otherwise they're just going to break and rip off anyway.
I'm having the same exact problem. I'll bet you anything it's because we're not getting enough protein in our diet. Eat more meats, dairy, and peanut butter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment