Sunday, August 1, 2010

Should I groom my fingernails because I'm playing the guitar?

My mom,dad and friends said that it wouldn't look cool but they said the desicion's up to me. I play guitar really well, I have been in 2 gigging bands. I'm only in middle school. Is it ok to shape and groom my nails because of playing the guitar?Should I groom my fingernails because I'm playing the guitar?
My fingers on my left hand are always tight to the skin, but not to the quick. I always find that they have to be close or else I can't make contact with the fretboard. Then the sound comes out twangy or buzzy. I play an acoustic, but I think it would be the same with an electric. I don't see a problem with grooming your nails. I think it would strengthen them some and if it is done tastefully, no one will be any wiser.Should I groom my fingernails because I'm playing the guitar?
I remember my music teacher did that. I think he only did it to one hand though... You probably should, just in case, but if you do... Do both hands please.
well in my opinion i think thats a weird thing for a guy to do.....but if u really want to go ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment